Wednesday, October 3, 2007

So...how were my MLB predictions?

I wasn't on yet when the season began, but here were my predictions at the beginning of the year (promise I'm not lying, not that they are any thing to lie about)

NL East
Mets
Phillies * Wild Card
Braves
Marlins
Nationals

If the Mets would not have choked (not that I don't LOVE that they did) I would have been right I think.

NL Central
Cardinals
Cubs
Brewers
Astros
Reds
Pirates
My philosophy was that I would pick the Cards until they lost. I think they may have had a chance at the division if Carpenter pitched more than 2 innings this year.

NL West
Dodgers
Padres
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Giants
I thought Jason Schmidt would have been healthy.

AL East
Yankees
Red Sox * Wild Card
Blue Jays
Orioles
Devil Rays
Both teams made the playoffs so I call that a win. I picked the Yanks because they always win the division. Even when they were 13 out I still thought that had a shot.

AL Central
Tigers
Indians
White Sox
Twins
Royals
I thought the addition of Sheffield would push the Tigers over the top.

AL West
Angels
Mariners
Athletics
Rangers
You would have to have been crazy to pick any one else in this division. I did have Seattle as my suprise team.

Mets beat Cardinals
Phillies beat Dodgers
Yankees beat Angels
Red Sox beat Tigers

Mets beat Phillies
Red Sox beat Yankees

Red Sox beat Mets

AL MVP: Gary Sheffield
NL MVP: Albert Pujols

AL Cy Young: Johan Santana
NL Cy Young: Roy Oswalt

No comments: