Thursday, September 6, 2007

2007 NFL Predictions

OK. With the new season starting tonight, I feel I need to get this out of the way. The number in ( ) is the seed of the team come playoff time.

NFC

Philadelphia (4) – 10-6
Dallas (5) – 10-6
New York – 6-10
Washington – 5-11
Picking a winner here was tough. I went with Philly for no reason other than the Cowboys always lose Division leads.

Chicago (2) – 11-5
Minnesota – 7-9
Green Bay – 6-10
Detroit – 5-11
Mediocre division = Chicago gets 11 wins.

New Orleans (1) - 13-3
Carolina (6) – 9-7
Tampa Bay – 5-11
Atlanta – 4-12
The Saints are the sexy pick this year in the NFC. I think they'll have the best record and all, but I don't know about the playoffs.

Seattle (3) – 10-6
St. Louis – 9-7
San Francisco – 8-8
Arizona – 5-11
Seattle is boring but they get the job done.

AFC

New England (1) – 13-3
New York – 8-8
Miami – 7-9
Buffalo – 3-13
I thought about going 14-2 with New England but injuries and upsets happen. They are the clear class of the division and AFC.

Baltimore (3) - 12-4
Cincinnati (6) – 10-6
Pittsburgh – 9-7
Cleveland – 4-12
I really like Baltimore this year. The Bengals were my Superbowl pick last year (doh!). I still like them to get in the playoffs though.

Indianapolis (4) – 11-5
Jacksonville – 9-7
Houston – 7-9
Tennessee – 6-10
I think Indy is as bad as they have been in years. They lost their nose tackle, left guard, both corners, Cato June, and Brandon Stokley and Dominic Rhodes. In this division though, they can survive.

San Diego (2) – 12-4
Denver (5) – 10-6
Kansas City – 7-9
Oakland – 5-11
San Diego speaks for themselves. I really like Denver as a sleeper this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wild Card Round

(6) Cincinnati
(3) Baltimore

(5) Denver
(4) Indianapolis
Yes I'm calling for the huge upset. I really like Denver this year and don't like Indy like I used to.

(5) Dallas
(4) Philadelphia

(6) Carolina
(3) Seattle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Divisional Round

(1) New England
(5) Denver

(2) San Diego
(3) Baltimore
I had a hard time picking this one. I like the Ravens a lot and almost picked them to win the SuperBowl.

(1) New Orleans
(3) Seattle

(4) Philadelphia
(2) Chicago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Conference Championships

(1) New England
(2) San Diego
Everyone is picking New England, so I'll go a differnet route.

(4) Philadelphia
(1) New Orleans
Same here. Everyone is picking the Saints, and it's never who we think it is. I had a hard time picking someone else though. Every team in the NFC is flawed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Superbowl

San Diego 27
Philadelphia 17
I don't like Philly that much.

So that's it. I'm sure I'll look back at this and shudder at my picks. I'll be like, "Yep...shoulda said Saints and Patriots." Oh well

No comments: