Sunday, December 14, 2008

TNA Final Resolution 2008 (2) Review

Feast or Fired - ***
Suprising at a glance, but when you think about it, this match had a lot of great talent in it (MCMG, Dutt, Lethal, LAX, even Curryman and Rave to a very small extent). Perfect spotfest opener for the show. Can't wait for Daniels to return.

ODB/Roxxi/Wilde vs Love/Sky/Sharmell - *1/2
Perfectly acceptable for what the match was. Sharmell stayed on the ring apron while the BP did their heel routine. Total filler but not bad.

Young vs Bashir - **1/4
Simple enough match and I'm glad to see the title off Bashir. This ref angle is damn stupid though. I hope it doesn't lead to a Bashir vs. Angry Ref match next month. I hate seeing X-Division matches only getting in the **'s, but I've sadly almost given up on seeing all time classic title matches anymore.

Hemme vs Kong - *1/4
I was expected DUD territory so this blew me away. I haven't seen much of Hemme since she left the E but she's gottne much better. One of the best crossbody blocks to the outside I've seen in a while. I'm suprised they booked Kong so weak, though. She probably should have kicked out of the FFG and gone on to win, but I guess this sets up a rematch next month.

Beer Money vs Abyss/Morgan - **
Not bad but totally forgetable. A little too much stalling in the beginning hurt the overall flow of the match for me. Storm is a great heel though, I'll say that.

Angle vs Rhino - ***
Felt like a good iMPACT main event. The result of the match was never in doubt but Angle is on fire this year and if you give him anyone solid in the ring and give him time he can hit *** almost 100%. Jarrett/Angle II should own and I'm counting the days until that one. I guess after Jarrett, we'll see Angle/Foley at AAO or DX. Curious to see how that pans out.

Main Event Mafia vs Front Line - ***1/4
Another good iMPACT main event with a much hotter crowd than the last match. Totally there for storyline progression which is fine, but I don't think that sells PPVs. Joe should never be face in peril imo. I mean, he did a nice job but I think AJ would have taken a better beating, while Joe could have been the hot tag and started destroying bitches. I also want to note that Sting looked very awkward at taking bumps towards the end of this match. Not sure if he's been doing this lately but it was sad to watch. I was in to the end sequence when out of no where, Scorpian Death Drop, 1-2-3. Weird that Joe took the pinfall with Tean 3D on his team.

I said after the last PPV that TNA was on a roll and the haters should probably accept it...well, the roll has come to a stop. Wasn't God awful or anything but definitely not up to par with their last 2 shows. 2nd worse show of the year ahead of Sacrifice. That's 2 December PPVs in a row that haven't been strong, althhough last year's was much worse.

BTW, Suicide's zip line should be called the Suicide Hotline.

No comments: